Part 2: What’s Important in Pierce County Real Estate in 2017
What can buyers and sellers expect in 2017? Good question! Windermere Professional Partners Co-Owner Michael Robinson starts out the video above by sharing how a real estate agents’ job is in part to manage expectations of buyers and sellers, and with the market as crazy as it’s been, this is not a responsibility to be taken lightly!
But of course, WPP Co-Owner Kevin Mullin wants to head into the weeds. What does this really mean for buyers and sellers?
3 Important Tips For Buyers
- Who you hire is more important than ever. “You used to be able to hire your mom’s brother’s hairdresser as your lender—and that is not a good idea. Whether it be for your lender or your real estate professional, you just can’t do that,” Kevin stresses. You need a professional and experienced real estate team that you can count on to show you the right way to navigate today’s market. (Listen to the conversation in the video to hear about a scenario that illustrates one reason why this matters so much!)
- The market is moving fast. You need to be prepared, fully pre-approved, and ready for action!
- Be a sensible buyer. Just because things are moving fast doesn’t mean you should start waiving inspections.
3 Important Tips For Sellers
- Professional marketing for your home is critical. “It’s so critical to remember it’s how your property is presented, how your property is marketed, and how your property is represented… it makes a giant difference,” Kevin points out. Again, this means working with a team that knows what they’re doing.
- A good real estate agent should educate sellers on what to expect. How long should you expect your home to be on the market? “Knowing what kind of market you’re entering into is invaluable,” emphasizes Michael.
- Pay attention to the stats. 70% of the homes in Pierce County are selling in 7 days. Of course, this varies between low-end homes and higher-end homes, but it’s important to have an idea of what to expect. If your house is on the market for too long, buyers will know that they can offer less money—and it’s time to reevaluate what you’re doing.
That’s not all Kevin and Michael discuss in the video, though. Listen in for their insight on what buyers and sellers need to know about real estate in 2017!