Alex Munoz’s 5 Least Favorite Things About Living in a Home During a Renovation
“The community is used to hearing about the great things [that happen when you’re] flipping a house,” shares REALTOR® Alex Munoz. Especially with the popularity of home remodel shows on HGTV, it can be tempting to just focus on the monetary rewards that a remodel can bring and forget about the actual hard work and dedication that it can take to get there.
“No one talks about the effort it takes to live in a remodel!” says Alex. Alex has lived through a home remodel, and those who have seriously renovated their homes can probably also attest to the many hardships that a project can present. For those who are considering a major home remodel, we’re definitely not saying that it’s not worth it—it’s just important to go into a renovation with both eyes open!
Here are Alex Munoz’s 5 least favorite things about living alongside a home renovation:
- The dust. It seriously gets everywhere!
- Having to use one fork for two months. Especially if you’re renovating a kitchen, it can be hard to do dishes regularly.
- Sending my dog to my parents’ house. My Yellow Lab Sunny (who photobombs almost every picture—he’s definitely not shy!) couldn’t be in my home because of the staged furniture.
- Showering upstairs, and brushing my teeth downstairs. (I just learned to brush my teeth in the shower!)
- Having full-time roommates (aka contractors!) in the house from 7am to 7pm.